Friday, November 8, 2013

Troublemaker: book one - a graphic novel by Janet Evanovich

Alex, an auto mechanic and spotter for race car driver Sam Hooker, is drawn to trouble like a giant palmetto bug to a day old taco. Unfortunately she’s also drawn to Hooker in the same fashion. There’s no steering clear of trouble or Hooker when friends, Felicia and Rosa, need help. Rosa has gone missing, and in order to find her, Barnaby and Hooker will have to go deep into the underbelly of Miami and south Florida, surviving Petro Voodoo, explosions, gift-wrapped body parts, a high-speed swamp chase, and Hooker’s mom.
A graphic novel, written by Janet and Alex Evanovich, and illustrated by JoĆ«lle Jones (Madame Xanadu), Troublemaker leads Barnaby and Hooker, from hit novels Metro Girl and Motor Mouth, through the palm tree lined, sun filled streets of one the hottest cities in the world! (synopsis from www.evanovich.com)
Read an interview with author Janet Evanovich about writing her first graphic novel here.
My thoughts: I like the story and the characters. Love the dogs that live in her novels. The art work was quite good. Perhaps it is because I have read so many of Evanovich's other works in novel form that I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. I missed the format of a novel for a story like this. There simply isn't enough space in the graphic novel to include all the delightful conversations and observations of her characters. This book was okay, but knowing I can get even more from one of her novels, I will be returning to that format for this author.

You can have a look for yourself with a free preview available from the author's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment