Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bookplates of the Famous

When I first began my personal library, I was thrilled to discover bookplates.  I could lay claim to my precious tomes and show how very grown up I was.  I was 12 years old.  Unfortunately, the only bookplates I could locate were of a brightly colored clown holding balloons (which I still think belongs on a 4 year-old's party invitation and not in my books) and a stodgy gray pencil sketch of a library.  I choose the pencil sketch because nothing says grown up more than stodgy.

I still have a few books from that first collection, complete with my shaky pre-teen handwritten name on the bookplate.  Oh, how I had wished for a plate that would truly represent my reading prowess and love of books.  Check out these bookplates from the famous and infamous...my 12 year-old self is so very jealous!
My Favorites are from Nelson Eddy and the Marx's.


No comments:

Post a Comment