Saturday, July 28, 2012

34. Savor the Danger by Lori Foster

Another caveman romance...

She may be aloof, and more pretty than gorgeous, but Alani Rivers is the kind of woman a hot-blooded mercenary can't forget, no matter how hard he tries. So when Jackson Savor wakes up next to the naked, sleeping beauty—with no memory of what happened—he knows he's been drugged… even if Alani doesn't.
Okay.  I may need to vary my selection a bit more to avoid being hit over the head and dragged into yet another caveman romance.  While I love reading about a take charge hero with great one-liners, I think I need a break.  I didn't enjoy this instalment of the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series as much as the others and I think I know why.  Jackson was just to heavy handed for my liking, and Alani was too innocent and wide eyed.  If you can accept this dynamic a little better than I did, you are in for some great verbal comebacks and enjoyable banter.  Foster's heroes are definitely appealing and usually I would have devoured this  up.  This was the third in the series and the final volume will star two characters introduced via Jackson: Arizona and Spencer.  


Some of my favourite scenes / lines:


After a morning of shopping to ease the hurt of her first night with Jackson, Alani returns home to find him lounging on her front porch, seemingly unaware.  Watching him, she remembers their intimacy: 
Breathing fast, Alani studied him. His continued stillness suggested sleep. Even when she shifted her bags and inched closer  he didn't move....Even now, so tranquil, he looked impressive...Alani licked her lips and started to slowly, silently, retreat.
"Don't make me chase you darlin'!"
Jackson, desperate for more close contact with Alani, is trying his darnedest to pull her attention away from the dangerous situation they are in and towards him...all of him:
"We have to figure this out, Jackson, so leash the lust.”His chin went up as he stared down at her. “Woman, you ask the impossible.”“Do it anyway!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment